Gnomes for ChristmasOn December 9, 2021 by Pam
They are easy to make….you only need a few simple supplies…
- a piece of fabric (I used flannel)
- a dollar store mop
- some stuffing for the hat
- a styrofoam ball for the nose and a piece of fabric to cover the nose (I used gray felt)
- a pair of Christmas shoes (optional)
- a piece of cardboard to make the form to glue everything to and a couple of two picks or pieces of wood to glue the shoes to the cardboard
- yard to add to the mop for a fuller beard
- yarn to make a pom-pom for the top of the hat
- a glue gun
Cut two triangles and sew them together to make a hat. Turn it inside out and sew a hem around the outside of it.
You can also glue the hat together. Stuff the hat with some batting or extra fabric.
Glue the mop to the wide part of the cardboard.
Make the nose by pulling a piece of fabric tightly around the styrofoam ball and tie it at the back. Trim the excess fabric away.
Glue the nose to the inside of the hat and glue the hat around the tall part of the cardboard and to the top of the of the mop beard.
Glue the extra fuzzy yarn to the beard.
Attach the shoes by adding a stick or piece of cardboard to the back and glue the shoes on.