The Final Socks of 2023On December 27, 2023 by Pam
We are now less than 5 days from the end of 2023. I have knit at least one pair of socks a month – usually 1- 1/2 pair and now, I have completed my last sock of the year. Having a pair of homemade socks in a real gift – there are MANY stitches in a pair of socks, representing hours of patience and knitting (or crocheting). For me, knitting socks is part of the goals that I set for myself each month – like reading, creating blogs and podcasts, writing letters, conquering big and little tasks around the house, exercising regularly and much more.
How do you prepare for a new year?
1. Reflect on the year that is past. Self-awareness is a real gift and saves you from repeating patterns that
are unhealthy, as well as allowing you to set new goals to help you become the best version of
2. Set realistic goals and intentions and keep track of them – this will help when you reflect at the end of
2024 and allow you to celebrate the successes of the year.
3. Declutter and organize – try some Swedish Death Cleaning and get rid of “stuff” and try to by less in
the new year.
4. Cultivate healthy habits – if you need some help, try reading the book “Atomic Habits” by James Clear
5. Foster connections and community – it has been said that reaching out to make the world a better
place for those in you circle is life-changing, and it is.
I have already started my first 2024 sock and I won’t stop until I have used up all my sock yarn.